Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Feb. 11

Love. What can I say about love.  Valentine's day is coming up (better get your sweetheart something special) and people are just going insane.  Booking reservations and trying to make the night perfect is way too much work.  Maybe you are like me and are planning a shopping excursion for the day after to stock up on all the half-priced candy.  It's strange how hyped up people get over such a lame holiday (any holiday you don't get the day off is not a holiday in my opinion).  I think with all the rushing around and preparations people seem to overlook how just being together without all of the flair is so much more important.  This past weekend, I got to go back to Starkville and visit Ryan.  I would be a liar if I said the distance wasn't effecting both of us, but somehow when we are able to be together everything just falls into place.  It's always difficult to try and make the time we get together count since it seems like our imminent departure looms overhead.  I'm trying to enjoy the little things and sometimes that just includes trips to the hospital in the early morning, or walking around talking about nothing, or a heart-to-heart in the middle of a restaurant.  Sometimes, I just get overwhelmed with everything and neglect to enjoy every moment.  I am in love with my husband and each day we are apart my love for him only grows.  I don't know what I did to be so blessed, but I am so thankful for Ryan and everything he is.  Because without him, I'm not my whole self.  I love you, Ryan.

1 comment:

  1. I always admired how good of a writer you were and reading your blogs reminds me. I love you, but i'm poor.... so...NO CANDY FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete