Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Feb. 25

I wanted to take the time to speak a little about how love has shaped and inspired me.  We all have people in our lives that we aspire to be like and I have been truly blessed to have some amazing people in my life.  My family has always been a huge part of my life and although they are insane (If you have ever sat around a table with us, you would understand) there has always been a huge out pouring of love and support.  My parents have never been shy with expressing their feelings for each other and honestly its still super gross.  They are such a huge inspiration to me not only about showing love, but learning to compromise, and that love is a sacrifice.  They spend a lot of time separated with my dad traveling and all but when they are with each other they make every moment count.  Being separated from Ryan is extremely difficult and some days are worse than others, but when we are together I want to make it count and live each day loving him.  Without their example, I wouldn't know how to love and to be loved.  I can't even to begin to express my thanks for all the sacrifices they made for me and my siblings.  Anything from coaching a sports team, sitting through extremely long band concerts (especially when we sucked at our instruments), and taking time off work to go to a camp with us, they have always been willing to support us no matter what we do.  So I just wanted to take the time to thank my parents for everything they do for me.  I love you guys.

P.S.  I know I'm your favorite child.

3 comments:

  1. You ARE the favorite.. I <3 our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I couldn't sleep. Frankly I was missing my children. So..I just prayed for y'all, thanking God for ALL my favorites! I confessed what I saw as failures/mistakes on how we raised y'all. What an encouragement to read your blog...it made me cry! I love all three of my blessings from my God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think ya'll made any mistakes. I like that you never really forced anything on us. We got to choose our own path.

    ReplyDelete