Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March Madness!!!!

March 4

Another month, another decision.  What should I focus on this month?  I have been thinking about it for awhile and I did decide on a theme.  Not only is the month about basketball, Mardi Gras and Lent, but its also about music.  I think music has always been a big part of my life.  Growing up I was exposed to all kinds of music.  In my dad's car it was always country (at least until Dad discover his man-crush Neo) and in my mom's car it was always a combination of classic rock and Christian music.  Beyond that, mom was always playing the piano.  I think my fondest memory is my mom playing, while my dad sang with her.  It's pretty amazing how music can bring us together, whether it be in a time of mourning or a time of triumph.  Music is not limited and is free in interpenetration.  So this month, I want to get back to music.  I miss playing my trumpet and I miss all the feelings that I experienced while playing music.  I want to pick up the cheap guitar I bought forever ago and learn how to play it.  This month I'll be getting back to music.  Please say a prayer for my neighbors; it's going to be a rough ride.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!!!! Choose a particular song you want to learn and start with that! It will be way more fun!

    ReplyDelete