Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12

Many of you know that Lent has been going down and I had to sacrifice my most treasured beverage, coffee.  Trust me when I say it has been rough.  I'm not the only one who gave some stuff up.  Kristin gave up sweets (she is much stronger than I) and Eric aka Airbear had to give up eating out except for once a week.  Apparently, you have to threaten not to speak to him in order for him to eat better.  Needless to say he has been doing an amazing job and I'm super proud of him.  I mean going from eating out 1-2 times a day to one a week is a huge downgrade.  I'm just hoping he sees all of the positives of this change.  (Happy Eric? There's your shout out!) So as I mentioned in my last post, I plan on picking up my trumpet again and getting back into playing it.  Sadly, I have the misfortune of living in an apartment with a skittish dog and neighbors so I haven't been able to play my horn as of yet.  Next pay period I'll be ordering a silent mute system so while I'm still sucking at playing I won't be disturbing anyone.  So for the time being I'm rocking it out high school style by buzzing on my mouthpiece.  Is it bad I've been keeping it in my pocket again?  I mean I have to sit in traffic so I might as well practice, right?  I did manage to give my horn a bath this weekend and clean it out.  It wasn't nearly as funky fresh as I thought it would be.  Looks good doesn't it?  Also, need to get a tuner because don't want to be sounding too much like a train wreck.

Super Sexy Trumpet
Anyways, I've been thinking about music in my day to day life.  I mean I talk on the phone all day so I mean sooner or later I'm going to be put on hold.  And you know what that means...hold music.  Most of the time hold music is about as annoying as elevator music.  You have all different kinds like Brahms (maybe the plan is for you to fall asleep so they don't have to talk to you), or the awful informational messages with a peppy beat in the background.  Every now and then, I get to call someone with awesome hold music.  The best one yet was "Inspiration" by Chicago.  Of course seeing as this was the only time I got good hold music, I was just jamming out in my office singing the words when my boss walks by.  Typical.  I guess what I'm getting at is there is music, everywhere and maybe if people just slowed down a bit and listened the world would be a much cooler place.

1 comment:

  1. Super sexy trumpet with guitar case in the back. Music-ception!

    ReplyDelete