Wednesday, March 26, 2014

For Suzanne

This week has quite possibly been one of the hardest ones I have had to endure.  This week, I have had to say goodbye for the last time to one of the greatest women I have ever known.  She was like a second mother to me, always full of encouragement, advice, and laughter.  She fought and endured and was a perfect example of what a Godly woman should be.  She was always willing to sit and down and listen to every thing you had to say and offer up encouragement.  But rather than focus on loss, I want to celebrate life.  So this post, I decided to share some of my favorite memories of Suzanne Higgs and celebrate her life.

Pretty much since I can remember, Suzanne was always the devious one with always trying to play matchmaker.  Granted most of the time she knew who I had my eye on at the time, but she was always trying to set me up with one of the boys from church.  Let's see there was John, Joe, and Michael that she encouraged me towards, most likely within the same week.  She was always one to give relationship advice and you could always approach her with whatever probley you happened to have.

Suzanne constantly planned parties, whether it be for Halloween, Christmas, or even a celebration of her own creation the mother-daughter banquet.  Every year, up until I moved away, I would help her in all her prep work along side Amanda and Chelsea.  Amanda and I would have music playing and were constantly belting Broadway songs at the top of our lungs and Suzanne would just laugh at our antics and dramatic flair.  She would also gives us hints on how to flirt with the servers.  (I'm telling you always playing matchmaker!)

I think quite possibly one of my favorite memories is when we would go out on "Chicklets" outings (basically the GA's group).  Suzanne setup anywhere to photo scavenger hunts to dares that had to be preformed in public places.  Her scavenger hunts always had the goofiest pictures we had to take.  I think the funniest one we had to do was "Take a picture with a hot guy".  Of course she was in my group and I got talked into walking up to a "hot guy" and ask him if he would take his picture with us.  If anything it helped me get over my shyness, cause I was in it to win it!  As for the dares in public places....I think we were in high school where we randomly had to draw a piece of paper out a hat which held our dare.  They were always hilarious like acting like a small child in the children's section, or standing in front of some awkward books and bust out into song  .

There are so many memories I have of Suzanne I can't even begin to express them all.  If there was any one thing she taught me, was to live each day to the fullest and have a day filled with love and laughter.  And that's exactly how she lived her life; making each and every moment count.  We said goodbye to an amazing woman today, but heaven gained a magnificent angel.  Suzanne, I love you and will miss you.  Save me a seat in the altos section; I'll be seeing you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment