Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Jan. 28 Wrapping the month up.

Jan. 28

I haven't given much thought into exactly what I wanted to post about today.  It seems as if most of my posts have been related to fitness and health and honestly I don't want to be the person that all they talk about is their workout.  Maybe all the "bros" in the gym are just misunderstood.  You know, like they are just passionate about the progress they made.  Maybe they used to be the "fat kid" in school and they want to tell everyone about how they turned their life around.  That is what I feel like.  I've worked really hard for the last year trying to turn over a new leaf.  Am I where I want to be?  Not quite.  I still need to work on eating better and right now the obstacle to overcome is more about me not wanting to get stuck eating the same things for days every time I cook.  Not to mention most of the time I'm by myself in evening.  It would be so easy to just stop by somewhere and pick something up on my way home and sometimes I give in, a constant struggle I have to endure.

If you have been keeping up with this blog, then you know I started a 30 day ab/squat challenge.  I only have two days left in the challenge and let me say I can most definitely see the results.  My upper abs feel tighter (the stupid lower abs/baby pouch still have a long way to go) and if I flex my outer thighs feel like a rock.  So yeah I'm pretty pumped about it!  Anyways, I wasn't alone in the challenge.  Thankfully I had my friend, Kristin, suffering through it with me and keeping me motivated throughout the month.  We plan on starting a new workout after the next two days.  We are going to add cardio back in as well as keep up the abs/squats but drop the numbers down a bit.  I mean I am NOT doing 200+ squats each day.  I'm pretty sure my body would fight me and I would just collapse.  My inferior (left) knee is already complaining to me.  Sorry you have to read through all of this workout crap, but it really has become a major part of my life.

Now a preview for the next month:  I have no idea what the mess I'm going to do.  We will just have to see how things pan out.  Wish me luck.  And remember enjoy life and find someone to enjoy it with.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment